EWRK Club Rules
To promote safety and respect (for yourself and others) we have a stringent set of club rules.
Any infringement of the club rules is taken very seriously and may result in people being asked to leave the club.
- No Gi are to be worn to and from training unless under the age of 12, when it is allowed minus belt.
- No jewellery is to be worn in the dojo and must be removed for safety. Any jewellery unable to be removed must be taped to cover any sharp edges.
- Toe and finger nails must be kept clean and short to avoid injury during training.
- All equipment must be clean and gi ironed.
- You must show the uppermost respect within the dojo; both bowing upon entering and leaving, and at any point in which a higher grade addresses you.
- If you must leave the dojo during a lesson you must ask a senior grade first, and bow upon leaving and re-entering the dojo.
- When you join the club, regardless of grade, you must wear a red or white belt out of respect for others within the club.
- Each member MUST display good hygiene at ALL times.
- Never disrespect or underestimate your Sensei, Senpai, or any student who is teaching.
- Never walk away from classes for any reason.
- Always express appreciation when you’re being helped.
- Exercise good behaviour and manners with yours partners, be courteous and treat everyone as an equal.
- Women within club training have the choice to wear a Black Gi.
- White Gi must be worn at Gradings, Courses and Competitions.
- Sensei has the final word on all the above rules.